1．International students studying in China must possess ordinary passports with either study visa (Category X) or visiting visa (Category F). International students entering China with other types of visas must promptly transfer into study visas.
2. International students with study visa are supposed to apply for residence permits at Lanzhou Municipal Public Security Bureau within 30 days after entering China. The overdue fines caused by expiration of validity of residence permits or entry visas should be born by oneself. The necessary documents are as follows:
(1) The Visa and Residence Permit Application Form and the letter of introduction obtained from Foreign Students Affairs Office.
(2) The copy of healthy examination form issued by Gansu Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau.
(3) The enrollmentnoticeof NWNU and the Application Form of Study in China (JW201 or JW202 Form).
(4) Valid passport and copies of both the page with licensee’s message and the page of the newest visa.
(5) One passport-size photo (facing the front, without hat, background not to be red).
3. The freshmen must go through healthy examination or check the Health Certificate at Gansu Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau within 3 days after entering school.
4．International students should pay attention to the validity of their residence permits and entry visas and make proper arrangement for extensions if necessary. The international students expected to continue their study at NWNU after the expiration of their residence permits or F visa should apply to Foreign Students Affairs Office for extension of validity of these documents 20 days before the expiration date. International students should submit the following materials for the extension of their residence permits or visas:
(1) Valid passport and copies of both the page with licensee’s message and the page of the newest visa.
(2) The Visa and Residence Permit Application Form and the letter of introduction obtained from International Students Affairs Office.
(3) The Application Form of Study in China (JW201 or JW202 Form).
(4) The Health Certificate at Gansu Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau (those international students and their relatives who have lived in China over two years must go through healthy examination renewedly.)
5．Students holding F visa do not need to apply for the Residence Permit, but should apply for extension of visa before the expiration of visa validity.
6．Students transferred from other university / college in China should also provide the Letter of Transfer issued by the previous university / college.
7. When transferring school or quitting, international students can transact Residence Permit or visa transferring procedures at Lanzhou Municipal Public Security Bureau only with transferring school or quitting certificate issued by International Students Affairs Office. For those who don’t go through quitting procedures, the Foreign Students Affairs Office will announce to Lanzhou Municipal Public Security for canceling their Residence Permit, and NWNUassumesnoresponsibilityfor problems caused by this disposal.
8. International students holding valid residence permits may go abroad or to regions of Hong Kong, Macao, or Taiwan, and re-enter China Mainland without re-entry visas.
9. Students should report to Foreign Students Affairs Office the change of their personal information, including the residential address, passport number (in case of passport reissuing) within 10 days after the change.
10. International students should immediately report to the local police station the loss of their passports and apply for certificates of passport loss at the Lnzhou Municipal Public Security Bureau. The reissuing of a new passport is processed at the embassies of their home countries in Beijing. Students can apply for new student visas at Foreign Students Affairs Office after obtaining new passports.
11. All the fees required for physical examination, visa and residence permit will be directly paid by the international students to transaction departments themselves to according to the related regualtions.
12. Relatives of the students may come to China through travel agencies in their own country that have business connections with Chinese department of travel. The university will not present invitation letters. Relatives of the students who are already in China should provide original certificate of family relationship for visa (only Category L) application.